- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries and reviewing expenses for possible use-tax liability.
- Monitors discount opportunities; verifies federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Create and manage various reports to ensure that vendors are paid on a timely basis and the amount of discounts taken is maximized.
- Maintain additional reports that inform management of the ability of the department to pay bills on time by supplying specific statistics on the amount of invoice paid within terms and the percentage of discounts taken.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling vendor statements on a weekly basis to ensure prompt payment.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Collaborate with key functional areas (accounting, receiving, branch operations, traffic, & IT) and contributes to maximize efficiencies and provide seamless customer service.
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP:
The AP Supervisor is responsible for leading the Accounts Payable function & team and training new employees.