To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of prior fleet dispatch experience and must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a distribution center.
- Familiarity with industrial services or distribution operations preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Proficiency in Spanish language a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized individual with a commitment to consistent attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability to assume additional responsibilities and accommodate customer requests.
- Ability to work independently, often under pressure/situations within a team environment.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment to perform a variety of tasks.
- Ability to build business relationships and collaborate effectively.
- Experience in flatbed operations and load securement a plus.
- Experience with Roadnet software or other dispatching software a plus.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management.
- Must be flexible and willing to work “off schedule” on occasion.
- Knowledge of StelPlan a plus.